Wednesday, February 18, 2015
How to Manage Distracting Notifications from WhatsApp Groups
I am in more than 10 groups on WhatsApp and some of them are very active with hundreds of notifications per day. Trying to keep-up with all of these notifications could mean doing pratically nothing else in the day. This leads many of my friends to leave such groups because they cannot stand the constant beeping or buzzing of their phones as well draining of the battery that this causes.
You might be experiencing the same thing and tempted to leave beneficial groups just because of this, I have a tip for you that should solve the problem without you leaving the groups by following these steps;
1. Open WhatsApp on your phone.
2. Enter the group you find problematic.
3. Click on the 3 small vertical boxes on the top right hand corner of your screen, you'll see a drop-down menu.
4. Click on mute and select the period for which you want to mute the group between 8 hours, 1 week and 1 year.
5. In addition, untick the 'show notifications' box.
6. Click on ok.
You should repeat this process for other groups until you are satisfied.
Please note that you would still be able to read the group messages even after muting them. Hence, you're not missing anything other than the disturbing notifications.
You can let me know if this works for you by dropping a comment.